Meet Leanne Ray
I'm Leanne, a registered dietitian based out of Denver, Colorado and at the risk of sounding totally overdramatic, food and cooking are my absolute jam. My interest in nutrition started back in college when I discovered food blogs and realized that eating healthy didn't mean being on a boring, low calorie diet.
I became enamored in cooking and decided that I wanted to make a career out of teaching others how to integrate great-tasting food into a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
I started my blog to empower YOU to be the healthiest version of yourself through practical and realistic lifestyle changes while learning to prepare meals and snacks that actually taste good and can be integrated into real life. Sometimes eating is about nostalgia, being social or just pure satisfaction and I think all can be equally important. Through my many experiences working as a dietitian I have found that most people have a lot of nutrition information in the brain, they just need ways to make this information practical and realistic. That's where I come in.
I'm here to tell you that you can still have fun and meaningful life and achieve your health and wellness goals. Eating should be pleasurable, not stressful.
I offer 1:1 nutrition coaching virtually, and I'm also launching my first e-course, Spice Up Your Cooking Game in the very near future. If you are someone who feels like you want a new nutrition and/or cooking strategy without having to go on yet another restrictive and unsatisfying diet plan, I would love to help you out with that. Please get in touch with me!
Education & Experience
- M.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University (2017)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2012; credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed 1200-hour Dietetic Internship with Tri-County Health Department (2011-2012)
- B.S. Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado (2011)
- Work experience in employee wellness programming, clinical nutrition, group presentations, personal training & group fitness.
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics member since 2009
- Denver Dietetics Association member since 2010 (President 2015-2016)
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs dietetic practice group member