Meet Leanne Ray
I'm Leanne, a registered dietitian based out of Denver, Colorado and at the risk of sounding totally overdramatic, food and cooking are my absolute jam. My interest in nutrition started back in college when I discovered food blogs and realized that eating healthy didn't mean being on a boring, low calorie diet. I became enamored in cooking and decided that I wanted to make a career out of teaching others how to integrate great-tasting food into a healthy lifestyle.
I started this site as a way to empower women to be the healthiest version of themselves through practical and realistic lifestyle changes while learning to prepare meals and snacks in a way that makes them feel just plain awesome. No, this doesn't always mean green juice and quinoa bowls. Sometimes eating is about nostalgia, being social or just pure satisfaction and I think all can be equally important. Food should be enjoyable, not stressful or associated with guilt. My hope is that my writing will help others find happiness in the eating experience while also inspiring some really good eats.
education & experience
- M.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University (2017)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2012; credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed 1200-hour Dietetic Internship with Tri-County Health Department (2011-2012)
- B.S. Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado (2011)
- Work experience in employee wellness programming, clinical nutrition, campus recreation, personal training & group fitness.
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics member since 2009
- Denver Dietetics Association member since 2010 (President 2015-2016)
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG member