Meet Leanne Ray
I'm Leanne, a registered dietitian based out of Denver, Colorado and at the risk of sounding totally overdramatic, food and cooking are my absolute jam. My interest in nutrition started back in college when I discovered food blogs and realized that eating healthy didn't mean jumping on the latest fad diet or meticulously counting calories or points. That it was instead about finding balance between caring about your food while still living life to the fullest and fostering relationships along the way.
I became enamored in cooking and decided that I wanted to make a career out of teaching others how to incorporate great-tasting food into a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
I started my blog to empower people just like you to be the healthiest version of yourself through practical and realistic lifestyle changes while learning to prepare meals and snacks that actually taste great and are practical for real life. Sometimes eating is about nostalgia, being social or just pure satisfaction and I think all can be equally important. Through my many experiences working as a dietitian I have found that most people already have a lot of nutrition information memorized, they just need ways to make it work for them. That's where I come in.
I'm here to tell you that you can have a fun and meaningful life AND still achieve your health/wellness goals. Eating should be pleasurable, not stressful.
Since starting my career, I have worked in a variety of settings including fitness centers, public health/community nutrition, hospitals and corporate wellness. I offer virtual nutrition coaching, and online cooking and nutrition challenges for those who aren't quite ready to make the investment in a one on one program. If you would like to chat more about which one might be the best option for you, feel free to contact me and we can figure that out together!
Education & Experience
- M.S. Food Science and Human Nutrition, Colorado State University (2017)
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist since 2012; credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Completed 1200-hour Dietetic Internship with Tri-County Health Department (2011-2012)
- B.S. Dietetics, University of Northern Colorado (2011)
- 3 years experience in employee wellness program coordination (including 25+ presentations, wellness challenge facilitation, and event management)
- Other experiences: clinical nutrition, group classes, personal training & group fitness instruction
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics member since 2009 (Dietitians in Functional Medicine DPG)
- Denver Dietetics Association member since 2010 (President 2015-2016)