I tried this whole cauliflower "steak" idea and it turned out really delicious so I wanted to share for anyone who wants to give it a try! This is really more of a technique than a formal recipe. I think you could season it however you usually make roasted cauliflower and it would turn out great. At a minimum, salt and pepper would do the trick!
Grilled Cauliflower "Steaks" with Creamy Avocado Cilantro Dressing
1. Slice a head of cauliflower right down the middle (after removing all of the leaves, and bottom stem so it sits flat on a cutting board). Cut one "steak" from each half - about an inch thick - and reserve the rest for using another time.
2. Drizzle each "steak" with olive oil, and season with salt/pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder.
3. Grill until browned and a bit crispy on the edges.
4. While the cauliflower is grilling, make the sauce. I felt like this needed something creamy to drizzle on top and avocado just seemed like a good decision (when doesn't it?). I remembered that I had made this dressing in the past and I had all of the ingredients on hand, so I went with that and it was the perfect contrast to the smokiness.
5. To serve, drizzle the sauce over the cauliflower and garnish with extra cilantro leaves.
I have heard of these being served as a vegetarian entree, but I used it as a side (paired with salmon) because I didn't think it would be substantial enough without some protein. It could be served on top of an entree-sized salad or topped with black bean and corn salad to give it more bulk though. I definitely want to experiment with some other variations this summer! Enjoy!